Welcome to the GeoMx Academy!
Here we have assembled a number of learning resources to help you on your path to becoming a Scientific Expert at using the GeoMx Digital Spatial Profilier (DSP), The Spatial Biology SolutionTM, in your research projects. On this page you’ll find a number of introductory videos to provide you a foundation on::
- What is Spatial Profiling and the GeoMx DSP?
- What is The Spatial Biology Solution?
- What type of data analysis solutions does the GeoMx DSP provide?
- What are the important, foundational publications on the technology?
- What applications does the technology support?
Once you have built this foundation, feel free to explore the advanced lessons and courses the GeoMx Academy has to offer! These will include live group lessons around different topics, such as specific workflow trainings or product application trainings offered on a continual basis. And make sure to check back often as we will continually expand course offerings all the way from our ‘Basic 101’ trainings to the ‘Advanced Degree’ certifications!
To start, work your way through the available introductory videos below!
Intro: What is the GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler? (2:00)
The GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler combines the best of spatial and molecular profiling technologies by generating a whole tissue image at single cell resolution and then spatially profiling 10s – 1,000s of RNA or Protein within user defined regions of interest. For a quick orientation on the platform, check out this short 2-minute video:
Lesson 1: GeoMx 101 – Introduction to The Spatial Biology Solution (30 minutes)
Now that you have viewed that quick introduction video, dive deeper in understanding
of the GeoMx DSP, its applications and how other researchers are harnessing it today!
Watch this 30-minute webinar given by one of our Technical Sales Specialists. During the video he’ll walk you through The Spatial Biology Solution and how you can be the FIRST TO SEE:
- Any TARGET – Explore biology with more targets (>20,000) and more analytes (RNA & Protein) to get to your publishable discovery data faster.
- Any REGION – Experience automated or customized region of interest (ROI) selection based on the true biology of the sample. From tumor and microenvironment down to the single cell resolution, flexible selection allows you to resolve spatial heterogeneity.
- Any SAMPLE – Expand your research scope and/or collaborations to access more sample types. From Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) and Fresh Frozen (FF) to the most challenging sample types, your research is not limited by type of sample, leading to broader discovery and faster data.
Lesson 2: GeoMx Data Analysis 101 – Overview (20 minutes)
With a solid understanding of the technology, it’s essential for any scientist to understand how the data analysis portion works. Next on your GeoMx journey, watch this webinar on the GeoMx DSP technology and analysis software by one of our Product Applications Scientists. During the brief 20-minute video, she will highlight how data is collected from a region of interest, followed by using the software to normalize, visualize and interpret data.
Lesson 3: GeoMx & nCounter 101 – Applications
Utilizing the nCounter platform as a readout for GeoMx, you can profile up to 96 RNA or protein targets from a single FFPE slide. These GeoMx Assays are pre-validated and modular to provide flexibility and support a range of research needs. As you learn more about GeoMx DSP make sure to review the following Assay pages as you continue on in the GeoMx Academy.
Lesson 4: GeoMx & NGS 101 – Applications (10 minutes)
This past summer, the first GeoMx DSP product optimized for read-out on Illumina’s Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology was launched. NGS read-out allows the GeoMx DSP instrument to offer higher-plexing of RNA and proteins in combination with new software and assays. Learn more about our first commercially available assay:
- Cancer Transcriptome Atlas (CTA). Designed to profile over 1,800 RNA targets simultaneously with spatial resolution. The CTA covers 55 pathways critical to immune response, tumor biology, and the microenvironment. Check out this brief 10-minute video from a webinar recorded in the Spring of 2020 to learn more, as well as the GeoMx Academy Advanced Courses Page for upcoming LIVE courses!
GeoMx Academy Advanced Course Work
Want to learn more? Make sure to click below to our GeoMx Academy Advanced Course Page. This is the perfect way to build off the introductory videos provided here and will provide an immersive learning experience on a variety of topics.