Empower your Clinical Research
With more guidelines recommending multi-gene testing, finding efficient and cost-effective ways to test multiple biomarkers is quite challenging. The nCounter® Analysis System was created to address these challenges: you can quickly and easily detect fusions, CNVs, and gene expression changes on a single platform with minimal sample handling and hands-on time. In fact, the platform is so robust that it is routinely run by labs around the world to characterize 100s of targets in a single tube from challenging sample types like FFPE and gets you results in less than 24 hours.
Accelerating your Clinical Research with nCounter Technology
Working in the clinical research space does not come without challenges. Many moving parts are involved, ranging from assay and study design to validation, data analysis, cost, and logistics. Significant time and energy are spent on bringing resources together to address these challenges; therefore, the ability to use off-the-shelf content or design custom and evolvable assays quickly, collaborate with others, and streamline data analysis are critical for the success of any clinical research project.
Working in the clinical research space does not come without its challenges. Many moving parts are involved, ranging from assay and study design to validation, data analysis, cost, and logistics. Significant time and energy are spent on bringing resources together to address these challenges; therefore, the ability to use off-the-shelf content or design custom and evolvable assays quickly, collaborate with others, and streamline data analysis are critical for the success of any clinical research project.
The Right Balance of Plex, Turnaround Time, and Cost
Increasing numbers of actionable fusions have made traditional technologies such as PCR and FISH inefficient and costly. NGS can profile multiple fusions in a single assay but is slow, complex, and costly.
NanoString’s nCounter platform allows you to:
- Directly detect hundreds of fusions in one assay
- Get results in less than 24 hrs with just 15 minutes of hands-on time
- Multiplex at a cost similar to single-plex assays
You can choose from several options to meet your lab’s fusion detection needs:
- Use Lung Fusion or Leukemia Panels
- Make your own custom fusion assay using a Custom CodeSet or Elements Reagents
Learn more about how some assays have been developed, validated, and implemented:
Direct and robust CNV detection from FFPE with a simple workflow
Aberrations in copy number are implicated in many diseases, from genetic disorders to cancer. FISH has traditionally been used to detect CNVs, but the growing number and importance of CNVs has made higher-plex technologies such as microarrays and NGS more attractive. However, these approaches require cumbersome and time-consuming workflows and a significant amount of expertise. Additionally, most microarrays are not able to resolve CNVs from FFPE samples.
NanoString’s nCounter technology makes it easy to directly quantify CNVs from up to 800 loci with:
- Robust performance on FFPE
- A simple assay not requiring expertise
- Minimal hands-on time and fast results
- Lower cost than FFPE microarray or NGS
Detect CNVs with several options to meet your lab’s specific needs:
- Detect CNVs for genes commonly amplified or deleted in cancer with the nCounter v2 Cancer CN Assay
- Make your own CNV assay with Custom CodeSets or Elements Reagents
Democratized Access to Robust and Reliable Signature Development
Thousands of clinically relevant gene signatures have been described in the literature, but few have been developed into a standardized assay. Implementing microarrays, qPCR, and NGS has proved to be challenging due to errors introduced during steps like library prep, RT, and amplification.
nCounter technology solves these issues with:
- Direct digital detection with minimal sample manipulation
- A simple workflow, eliminating error introducing steps
- Proven reproducibility across multiple runs, users, and sites
Develop your own gene signature or implement an existing one with Custom CodeSets or Elements Reagents. If you would like a dedicated white-glove experience, take advantage of Contract Services to get expert help with assay design, validation, and implementation.
- Watch the Webinar: The LSC17 score for rapid risk determination in AML
- Read the publication: The stem cell-associated gene expression signature allows risk stratification in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia
- Watch the webinar: Beyond Mutational Profiling: Enhancing Cancer Biomarker Strategies with RNA
- Watch the webinar on gene expression signature development: The Discovery Phase State of the Field and Lessons Learned
- Watch the webinar: Best Practices for Training and Validating Gene Expression Signatures from FFPE Samples
- Watch the webinar on validating expression signatures: Best Practices for Analytically Validating Gene Expression Signatures for Oncology-based Applications
- Watch the webinar: Development of an interferon signature on the NanoString® nCounter® platform to monitor type I interferonopathies
Each contract manufacturing services engagement is tailored to the needs of individual customers. Services offered include:
- Reagent manufacturing: Reagents built exactly to your specifications and clinical assay needs
- Study design consultation: Access to technical support as you prepare and conduct validation studies
- Signature development: Optimize your algorithms prior to analytical and clinical validation studies
- Report development: Access to third party experts who can assist in customizing your reports from nCounter data based on your unique assay specifications
Learn more about developing and validating assays for clinical research on the nCounter platform :