Fully automated and easy-to-use, the nCounter® Analysis System provides everything you need to cost-effectively complete your projects in record time.
- Strong analytical performance—sensitive, precise, and quantitative
- Single tube multiplexing—up to 800 genes or regions, no amplification* required
- Easy-to-use—fully automated, intuitive user interface
- Flexible samples—small samples from a variety of sources, including FFPE
- Quality assurance—GMP compliant/ISO 13485 certified
Don’t just take our word for it. In a recent survey*, NanoString customers told us how nCounter® technology compared to their previous research methods:
Direct, digital counting technology reduces the risk of signal saturation, providing reliable data across a wide dynamic range. Correlation between technical replicates often exceeds 0.99. Lot-to-lot and site-to-site variability is minimal, facilitating long-term studies across multiple independent testing sites.
Fewer Technical Replicates
Gene counts from two technical replicates plotted against each other demonstrate the assay reproducibility over a wide dynamic range (10-50,000 counts). One total RNA sample was split into two separate hybridization reactions and processed independently. These data demonstrated the high level of sensitivity and precision of the assay (R 2 = 0.999), even at very low levels of expression.
Precision Across a Wide Range of Expression
Genes were grouped by level of expression in 100 ng of total RNA and percent CV was calculated for each group. Many genes were expressed at less than one transcript per cell and could be measured with less than 15% CV, allowing quantitative measurements of 2-fold changes or less. Precision increase with level of expression, in some cases allowing for quantification of less than 1.2-fold.
Fractional Fold Change Measurement
Variable total RNA inputs of the same sample demonstrate nCounter's ability to detect fractional fold change measurements. Total RNA input amounts of 67 ng, 150 ng, and 200 ng were compared against a baseline of 100 ng. Slopes correlated closely with the expected values of 0.67, 1.5, and 2 across all levels of expression.
- nCounter® SPRINT Profiler—Benchtop system for individual research labs
- nCounter® MAX Analysis System—For core laboratories and the high throughput user
- nCounter® FLEX—For translational research laboratories and clinical applications
Need help determining which nCounter System is the best fit for your lab? Visit the nCounter® Systems Selection Guide.
nCounter Dx Analysis System is available for in vitro diagnostic use when used in conjunction with cleared or approved assays, such as the Prosigna Assay. All other models are available for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.