GeoMxTM Digital Spatial Profiler
Your GPS for Biology
Morphological context and high-plex protein or RNA expression data – now possible from just one FFPE slide.
- Quantify up to 96 proteins and over 1000 RNA targets with spatial context
- Process 10-20 slides /day
- Preserve precious samples with non-destructive processing
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
What is Digital Spatial Profiling?
GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler is a novel platform developed by NanoString. Digital Spatial Profiling is based on the nCounter® barcoding technology that enables spatially resolved, digital characterization of proteins or mRNA in a highly multiplexed (up to 1,000-plex) assay. The assay relies upon antibody or RNA probes coupled to photocleavable oligonucleotide tags. After hybridization of probes to slide-mounted formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections, the oligonucleotide tags are released from discrete regions of the tissue via UV exposure. Released tags are quantitated in a standard nCounter assay, and counts are mapped back to tissue location, yielding a spatially-resolved digital profile of analyte abundance.
The DSP Workflow
- Process: Apply high-plex oligo-labeled antibody cocktail + morphology markers
- View: Use visible wavelength low-plex imaging to establish tissue "geography." Select regions-of-interest (ROIs) for high-plex profiling
- Profile: UV-release oligo tags at selected ROIs
- Plate: Store released tags in microtiter plate, index, and hybridize to barcodes
- Digitally count up to 1 million data points per ROI
- Analyze the data with nSolver™Advanced Analysis Software
Amaria RN, Reddy SM, Tawbi HA, et al. Neoadjuvant immune checkpoint blockade in high-risk resectable melanoma. Nat Med 2018; 24(11): 1649-54.
Blank CU, Roseman EA, Fanchi LF, et al. Neoadjuvant versus adjuvant ipilimumab plus nivolumab in macroscopic stage III melanoma. Nat Med 2018; 24: 1655-1661.
Jérémie Decalf, Matthew L. Albert, James Ziai, New tools for pathology: a user’s review of a highly multiplexed method for in situ analysis of protein and RNA expression in tissue. J. Pathol 2018; epub.
- AGBT 2019_Comprehensive spatial RNA profiling of tumor, microenvironment and immune response pathways with the NanoString GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler
- AGBT 2019_In situ RNA Expression Profiling of 1600+ Immuno-oncology Targets in FFPE Tissue using NanoString GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler
- AGBT 2019_Single cell protein profiling of immune cells within the tumor microenvironment using NanoString GeoMxTM Digital Spatial Profiler
- AGBT 2019_Spatially Resolving RNA Biomarkers using GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler for Early Diagnosis and Prognosis of Melanoma
- AGBT 2019_Mapping the Microenvironment Composition in Metastatic Prostate Cancer by Multi-analyte Profiling using GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler
- Spatially-Resolved, High-Plex Digital Profiling Enables Characterization of Complex Immune Biology of the Colorectal Cancer Tumor Microenvironment
- Highly multiplexed analysis of immune cell subsets in non-small cell lung cancer: validation of protein and RNA analysis by the NanoString Digital Spatial Profiling (DSP) platform
- Validation of novel high-plex protein spatial profiling quantitation based on NanoString's Digital Spatial Profiling (DSP) technology with quantitative fluorescence (QIF)
- Spatially resolved, multiplexed digital characterization of protein and mRNA distribution and abundance in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections based on NanoString’s Digital Spatial Profiling (DSP) technology: applications to immuno-oncology (IO) and tumor heterogeneity