Flexible content designed to fit a range of applications and plex needs
GeoMx Protein and RNA assays allow you to profile up to 96 targets with nCounter readout or 10’s-100’s of protein targets or >1,800 RNA targets with NGS readout from a single FFPE or fresh frozen slide with Digital Spatial Profiling. GeoMx Assays are pre-validated and modular to provide flexibility and support a range of research needs. For protein, select one 20-plex core and add 10-plex modules to analyze expression of your proteins of interest. Additionally, antibodies can be customized for use with GeoMx® DSP through the Protein Barcoding Service and from Abcam. For RNA, select a core panel with the option to add custom user defined content.
Available content covers immunology, immuno-oncology, neurodegeneration, and neuroinflammation with a rapidly growing pipeline.
Request current assay content list >>
See below for detailed assay information.
GeoMx® Protein Assays for nCounter
Designed to profile up to 96 protein targets simultaneously with spatial resolution using the nCounter® platform.
Immuno-Oncology and Immunology
The Immune Cell Profiling Core contains 18 targets for broad cell profiling of human samples (17 targets for mouse) and includes necessary controls for all GeoMx DSP experiments. Up to six 10-plex modules plus 10 custom targets can be added to select the content most relevant to your human and mouse research.
The Neural Cell Profiling Core contains 20 targets designed for broad cell profiling of human samples (19 targets for mouse) and includes necessary controls for all GeoMx DSP experiments. Up to six 10-plex modules plus 10 custom targets can be added to select the content most relevant to your human and mouse research.
GeoMx® RNA Assays for nCounter
The 84-plex Immune Pathways panel profiles RNA targets simultaneously, with the option to add up to 10 custom RNA probes, with spatial resolution using the nCounter® platform.
|Cores||Immune Cell Profiling (18 plex human, 17 plex mouse)||Neural Cell Profiling (20 plex human, 19 plex mouse)||Immune Pathways (84 plex)|
|Modules (~10-plex)||Immune Activation Status
Immune Cell Typing
IO Drug Target
Alzheimer's Pathology Extended
Glial Cell Subtyping
GeoMx® Protein Assays for NGS
Designed to profile 10’s-100’s of protein targets simultaneously with spatial resolution using NGS platforms and pipelines. Run the 4-plex GeoMx Human Protein Core for NGS, which includes CD45, Ki-67, B2M, CD31, and the necessary controls for GeoMx DSP experiments, with any selection of 10-plex modules.
GeoMx® RNA Assays for NGS
|Cores||GeoMx Human Protein Core for NGS (4 plex)||GeoMx Cancer Transcriptome Atlas (>1,800 plex)
GeoMx Whole Transcriptome Atlas (>18,000 plex)
|Modules (~10-plex)||Immune Cell Typing*
IO Drug Target*
Immune Activation Status*
Neural Cell Profiling**
* Launching Q4 2020, pre-ordering available
** Launching Q1 2021
All GeoMx Protein Assays undergo extensive validation to ensure high quality GeoMx DSP data.
1) First antibodies undergo an incoming immunohistochemistry (IHC) screen in control tissue to confirm off-the-shelf performance.
2) Next, antibodies are conjugated to indexing oligonucleotides and IHC testing is performed to confirm post-conjugation specificity.
3) After the post-conjugation screen, antibodies are assessed for sensitivity and specificity using control FFPE cell pellets.
4) The next step after confirming performance of antibodies in single plex is to perform an interaction screen to ensure high performance in the multiplex mix.
5) Finally, the antibody mix is subjected to a tissue microarray (TMA) screen using normal and relevant disease tissue to confirm the performance of the targets included in the final assay. See our product bulletins for more information.
Download the GeoMx Antibody Validation White Paper for more information
All GeoMx RNA Assays undergo extensive validation to ensure high quality GeoMx DSP data.
1) First probe sequences are screened for specificity and cross hybridization.
2) Next, probes are assessed for sensitivity and specificity using control FFPE cell pellets.
3) Probes are then pooled and tested to ensure equimolar concentrations.
4) Finally, the probe mix is subjected to a tissue microarray (TMA) screen using normal and relevant disease tissue to confirm the performance of the targets included in the final assay.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.