The period for this grant program has ended. Please reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
NanoString in collaboration with Illumina co-sponsor a research award for spatial biology in the Americas.
NanoString, in collaboration with Illumina, will award the most impactful research proposal with the ability to discover spatial biomarkers using the latest Digital Spatial Profiling chemistry in combination with Illumina sequencing read-out.
The GeoMx® Whole Transcriptome Atlas (WTA) is designed for comprehensive profiling of spatial biology. Profile the RNA expression over 18,000 genes in human and over 21,000 genes in mouse with spatial resolution in any region of interest from a single tissue section using the GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP). Combine Advanced Cell Diagnostic’s RNAscope™ probes for single molecule resolution of tissue morphology to drive region of interest selection on GeoMx DSP. The read out will be performed with the Illumina NextSeq™ 2000 Sequencing System located on NanoString’s premises.
The grant is open to researchers across North and South America. Please note terms and conditions, government employees and HCPs may not apply.
Spatially Resolve the Whole Transcriptome:
- Comprehensive, unbiased RNA content for human and mouse
Win a free Human or Mouse WTA project with NGS readout on Illumina's new NextSeq™ 2000 Sequencing System!
- The grant winner will provide 4 samples to NanoString, with up to 12 regions of interest per sample to be mutually agreed upon, to be used with the GeoMx WTA. A total of two winners will be selected from applicants.
- The winners provide samples, NanoString provides the DSP reagent, Illumina will provide the reagents for the NGS readout. NanoString will perform the DSP and Illumina experiments in the NanoString research laboratories.
- NanoString will provide a data analysis service to analyze the data output from the experiment in the form of a report that includes raw data and detailed analysis with figures and commentary.
- Submission must be received by November 6th, 2020.
*See terms and conditions below
Instructions to apply:
- Check out the GeoMx and WTA webpages.
- Review our qualified RNAscope probes here.
- Complete proposal questionnaire below to apply.
Deadline was November 6th, 2020.
Terms and Conditions
Publication of Project Results:
All grant submissions are confidential to the individual submitter and will not be published or distributed, provided, however, that NanoString may share them with their own staff and distributors who will not disclose to third party. Illumina will support the grant advertising efforts and will provide the reagent kit for the NGS readout. Illumina will not receive any information on the projects submitted or the submissions themselves. Nanostring will be provide Illumina with the names and email addresses of all applicants as well as their affiliated institution.
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges that includes representation from NanoString and Illumina.
Upon project completion, the grant winner agrees to participate in at least one of the following activities relating to the specific project, with specific details of the applicable activity to be mutually agreed upon in good faith by NanoString and Illumina and the winner: webinar, case study, blog post, or poster presentation. The winner agrees that NanoString shall have the right to publicly announce the winner’s name and research title and use anonymized data from the winner's projects in application notes including in marketing materials and seminars- no public display of data will happen without previous consent from the winner.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicants must be actively enrolled or employed at a research institution in a capacity in which they perform life science research and have the ability to ship and analyze samples within 45 days of award notification.
- Applicants must not be government employees or a Health Care Professionals. Employees of government institutions and Health Care Professionals should not be eligible to participate in the program. Health Care Professional is defined as physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and any other medical professionals, including without limitation, medical students, laboratory directors, genetic counselors, and formulary committee members.
- Members of the immediate families of Illumina and NanoString, as well as Illumina and NanoString employees and directors, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to participate in this grant program.
- This program is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. The grant winners will provide 4 samples to NanoString, with up to 12 Regions of Interest (ROI) per sample to be mutually agreed upon, to be used with the GeoMx® Whole Transcriptome Atlas RNA and Illumina NGS appropriate reagents for use with the Illumina NextSeq™ 2000 Sequencing System.
- The samples will run through NanoString’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiling inclusive of the Illumina NGS readout. An assay report, including raw data and processed results, will be provided to the winner.
By submitting a grant application, each applicant agrees that NanoString may use his or her name, abstract title, for marketing purposes.
All grant applicants agree that NanoString may process the personal data he or she provides as part of application, including sharing such data with NanoString’s partners, collaborators and other third parties who are obligated to keep the data confidential, and in accordance with NanoString’s privacy policies available at www.nanostring.com/privacy.
The grant award winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, a publicity release, and other appropriate legal documentation reasonably requested by NanoString. No substitution or transfer of the awarded prize is allowed except as permitted by NanoString. The award winner is responsible for any local tax liability (city, state, or federal) occurred by winning and accepting the award. If, for any reason, the grant program may not run as planned for any causes beyond the reasonable control of NanoString, then NanoString reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the grant program. These terms and conditions and any action related to this grant program will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with these terms and conditions and this grant program will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and all applicants consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. By participating in this grant program, each applicant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions.