Covering hundreds of genes involved in the immune response of canines to immuno-oncology therapeutics and designed with experts in canine comparative oncology, the nCounter Canine IO Panel is the only gene expression panel built to study the tumor and immune response to IO treatments in dogs. The panel takes advantage of tumor-specific coverage for the most common canine cancers to enable researchers to share data and access enhanced statistical power, potentially improving clinical trial success by translating findings from the treatment of spontaneous canine cancer to humans.
- Profile 800 genes across 47 annotated pathways involved in canine immune response to IO treatments
- Overlapping content with NanoString's Human PanCancer IO 360 and PanCancer Immune Profiling Panels provides a suite of panels for comparative studies
- PanCancer coverage with tumor specific content for top canine cancers including Melanoma, Osteosarcoma, Lymphoma, Urothelial Carcinoma, and Glioblastoma
- Easy to use nCounter system provides data in 24 hours with less than 30 minutes hands on time and simple data analysis
- Easy data sharing and collaboration with a common set of genes and a panel standard
The Canine IO Panel was created through a collaboration between NanoString and the Canine Consortia, a consortium of researchers from multiple prestigious institutes, including the University of Alabama, the University of California- Davis, Colorado State University, the University of Minnesota, the University of Pennsylvania, Tufts, and Freie Univ. Berlin. The Canine Consortia includes key members of the Cancer Moonshot Consortium, which aims to
- Promote the development of cancer immunotherapies for several common human cancers — glioma, osteosarcoma, melanoma, and lymphoma
- Foster a collaborative immunotherapy network for comparative oncology
The nCounter Canine IO Panel enables researchers to explore canine immune response to immune-oncology treatments.
|Cytokine & Chemokine Signaling||Interferon Signaling||Checkpoint Signaling||Complement Cascade||Immune Cell Abundance||Tumor Immunogenicity||Inhibitory Tumor Mechanisms||Stromal Factors|
|# Genes||# Genes||# Genes||# Genes||# Genes||# Genes||# Genes||# Genes|
|Cytokine and Chemokine Signaling||Interferon Signaling||Costimulatory Signaling||Complement System||Antigen Presentation||Epigenetic Regulation||Angiogenesis|
|DNA Damage Repair||Hypoxia||Matrix Remodeling and Metastasis|
Included within the Canine IO Panel content are tumor specific targets for five of the top canine cancers, also common in humans:
- Urothelial Carcinoma
|Number of Targets||800 (Canine), including internal reference genes|
|Sample Input - Standard (No amplification required)||25-300 ng|
|Sample Input - Low Input||As little as 1 ng with nCounter Low Input Kit (sold separately)|
|Sample Type(s)||Cultured cells/cell lysates, sorted cells, FFPE-derived RNA, total RNA, fragmented RNA, PBMCs, and whole blood/plasma|
|Customizable||Add up to 55 unique genes with Panel-Plus and up to 10 custom protein targets|
|Time to Results||Approximately 24 hours|
|Data Analysis||nSolver™ Analysis Software (RUO), Advanced Analysis for cell profiling|
- Canter RJ et al. Characterization and Potential Applications of Dog Natural Killer Cells in Cancer Immunotherapy. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2019; 8, 1802.
- Chen D, et. al. Top 10 Challenges in Cancer Immunotherapy. Immunity. 2020; 52 (1), 17-35.
- Danaher P. et al. Gene expression markers of Tumor Infiltrating Leukocytes JITC 2017
- Plassais J et al. Whole Genome Sequencing of Canids Reveals Genomic Regions Under Selection and Variants Influencing Morphology. Nature Communications. 2019; 10:1489.
|Product||Product Description||Quantity||Catalog Number|
|nCounter IO Panel plus Panel Standard||Includes 780 genes; 20 interal reference/housekeeping genes for data normalization||12 Reactions||XT-CSPS-CIO-12|
|nCounter IO Canine Primer Pool||Primer pools for Low Input RNA profiling of 780 canine genes + 20 internal reference controls. Master Kit, RNA Low Input Kit & Panel CodeSet Required||12 Reactions||LOW-CIO-12|
|nCounter Master Kit (Max or FLEX Systems) Reagents and Cartridges||Reagents, cartridges, and consumables necessary for sample processing on nCounter MAX and FLEX Systems||12 Reactions||NAA-AKIT-012|
|nCounter SPRINT Cartridge 1 Cartridge, 12 lanes||Sample Cartridge for nCounter SPRINT System||12 Reactions||SPRINT-CAR-1.0|
|nCounter SPRINT Reagent Pack||nCounter SPRINT Reagent Pack containing Reagents A, B, C, and Hybridization Buffer||192 Reactions||SPRINT-REAG-KIT|
|Low Input RNA Reagent Kit||48rxn kit for profiling from low sample input amounts||48 Reactions||LOW-RNA-48|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.