Thank you to all who applied. The grant submission is now closed. The winner will announced December 4, 2018 by e-mail.
Take on the challenges of autoimmunity research with a comprehensive analysis of the pathways, processes, and cell types that are involved in autoimmune disease.
Be the first at your institution to publish using the 770-plex Autoimmune Profiling panel for human or mouse samples.
- Investigate immuno-therapy induced adverse events
- Study therapeutic mechanism of action
- Discover and validate disease specific biomarkers
- Develop predictive signatures of drug response
Two awardees can run 24 samples using the autoimmune profiling panel of their choice (human or mouse) either through an nCounter® Analysis System provided by their institution or through a service provider. NanoString will provide the reagents and a data analysis service to analyze the data output from the experiment in the form of a report that includes raw data and detailed analysis with figures and commentary.
Proposals must involve high-plex gene expression profiling of autoimmune disorders such as diabetes, lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. and include:
- Abstract title and authors
- Abstract which describes project goals and outline of how NanoString’s Autoimmune Profiling gene expression panel would help accelerate your research (maximum of 500 words)
- Statement on the availability of samples for use in your project (for example, please state whether the samples are in your possession/accessible from collaborators/biobanks/repositories)
Learn more about NanoString technology by clicking on the links below:
NanoString nCounter® Systems
NanoString nSolver™ Analysis Software
NanoString Autoimmune Profiling Panel
Grant submission must be received by 11:59 PM PT on November 16th, 2018
Publication of Results:
All grant submissions are confidential to the individual submitter and will not be published or distributed. Upon project completion, each grant winner agrees to participate in one of the following activities relating to the specific project, with specific details of the applicable activity to be mutually agreed upon in good faith by NanoString and each winner: local seminar, webinar, case study, blog post, or poster presentation. Each winner agrees that NanoString shall have the right to use anonymized data from the winner's project in application notes or marketing literature.
Applicants must be actively enrolled or employed at an academic research institution in a capacity in which they perform life science research and have the ability to ship and analyze samples within 45 days of award notification. Winner of the grant will receive 24 reactions worth of NanoString Human or Mouse Autoimmune Profiling panel for use in this program.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.