NanoString takes great pride in providing competitive and comprehensive financial compensation and benefits for our employees. Our programs are designed with you in mind and tailored to serve you and your family’s needs. All full-time employees are eligible to receive benefits.
Our compensation is designed to recognize and reward performance, expertise, and contributions:
- Competitive base pay—We set high goals for our employees and reward hard work with competitive salaries. Salary increases are based on individual performance and compared to the market to ensure competitiveness.
- Commission and Bonus opportunity—We offer an annual discretionary bonus and competitive incentive compensation plans based on the successful accomplishment of corporate and individual goals.
We offer opportunities to aid employees in reaching their financial and retirement goals.
- 401(k) including both pre-tax and ROTH options, with matching contributions
- Spending Account Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care and Limited Purpose)
- Health Savings Accounts with an employer contribution
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Stock options—NanoString believes all employees should be shareholders. New employees receive a stock option grant upon joining the company. Additional discretionary grants can also be awarded for company and individual performance.
Health & Wellness
NanoString contributes a significant portion of the premiums for medical, dental, and vision care for qualified employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. In addition, we offer:
- Company paid benefits (Short/Long Term Disability and Basic Life)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Other Voluntary plans
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
Time Away from Work
NanoString recognizes that time away from work is essential to employees' health and productivity. We demonstrate our dedication and appreciation to our employees and their families by generous time-off practices.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)—Three to six weeks of PTO based on length of service; available for sick, vacation, or personal days.
- Holiday Pay—Ten company holidays including Christmas Eve/Day and New Year’s Eve/Day
- Parental Leave—
- 12 weeks full pay - Birth/Primary Parent
- 6 weeks full page - Non-birth/non-primary parent
- Volunteer Day—8 hours paid volunteer time off
- Annual Holiday party, Company Picnic and Oktoberfest Party
- Developing your career is an investment in yourself and the future of NanoString. Professional development is a partnership between you and your manager, reinforced by our career resources.
- Educational reimbursement—NanoString encourages and supports continuing education.
- Onsite training—NanoString offers onsite training courses to enhance job-related skills.
- Additional educational resources—We provide opportunities to attend job related conferences and seminars.
- Company-subsidized commuter/parking benefit
- Employee referral program
- Company product store, with annual Nanobucks for service recognition